Facebook Contest Case Study
Stage I: Idea Generation
Dollar Hobbyz was interested in doing a ‘Spring’ contest. Due to the fact that the end consumer of Dollar Hobbyz uses the product for outdoor enjoyment, we pitched a ‘Spring Photo Contest.’ Essentially people would have the chance to upload images of their RC cars, boats, planes, etc. in a spring setting. The top photos would have a chance to win various prizes.
Stage II: Details, Details & More DetailsAfter the initial theme was agreed upon, there were numerous details that had to be agreed upon.
- Contest Duration?
- How many prizes / which prizes were to be given away?
- How are the winners selected?
- Which ways to enter? Should it be Facebook only or include Twitter and Instagram as well?
- Size dimensions for the contest graphic?
- Should we require someone to like the page or not to enter?
- And more…
Stage III: Design Mock-Ups
A very important aspect of any contest is the initial design your viewers will see. The design needs to be simple enough to quickly understand what the contest is about, but also visually appealing enough to make someone take notice. For this contest we made the following custom elements:
- Contest tab graphic for Facebook page
- ‘Fangate’ graphic (this is the 1st graphic someone would see if they didn’t like the page.)
- Main Contest design graphic
- Facebook cover graphic
- Graphic for Email Blasts
Stage IV: Contest Roll-Out
In addition to the main highlights above, special care was taken to actively monitor the Facebook page and address any questions, comments, and concerns fans had.
Hopefully, this blog post shined some light into the amount of work that goes into running a social media contest. It’s not quite as easy as one might imagine, but at the end of the day if run properly can be very beneficial for the company. Contests can create tremendous engagement for your page, which in turn generates likes and additional emails and content for future marketing efforts. Do you need help with your marketing efforts? Contact us today to learn how we can help!