April 21, 2015
Cheat Sheet: 11 Free Email Blast Ideas
Often times when pitching a client EmailzDirect we get the question ‘What should I email about?’ There is always concern that subscribed users will not want an email from their company. No matter if you’re B2C, B2B, behind the scenes, etc. If you have a customer’s email you should be sending content to them. We decided to gather a short list of our most common emails and dump it here for inspiration. Here are just some of the emails we create day to day for clients:
1. Company News – What’s going on at your company? What should customers know? Keep them informed via email.
2. New Products – The easy email. Added a new product to the site? Email it!
3. New Services – Just like products if you have a new offering.. email it!
4. Upcoming Holidays – We are always combing through general and obscure holiday calendars to determine what could fit for each client. Find ones that connect or make sense for your company. Then develop a theme around the holiday and send that email.
5. Top Customer Reviews – Each month we gather reviews of hot products that received great reviews. We take those reviews and mock them up into a great email. This is neat for not only potential customers, but also customers who wrote the reviews.
6. Top Customer Photos – Have customers uploading your photos to your site? Getting tagged in social media? Gather up those photos(with permission) and create an email blast about them!
7. New Hires – New staff member(s)? Let your customers or clients know more people are joining the team.
8. Website Re-launch – This only happens so often, but it’s the perfect time to send an email
9. Forecasts/Trends/Information – Keep your customer informed with your industry if changes are going to happen in the future.
10. Featured Customers – Have a stand out customer that would be neat to read about? Ask them a few questions about how they work with your company/why they like doing business with you. Grab their photo, company logo, and boom you have an awesome email.
11. Funny Topics In Your Industry – Ever come across something that made you ‘lol’? Well then it might be worth emailing clients
This just scratching the surface of what emails we create each and every day. Ready to send that first email? Contact your account manager or head to EmailzDirect.com.