Whether you’re a YouTuber with millions of subscribers or just starting out, choosing a username, or “handle” is an important step. Your handle is how you’ll be known on YouTube, and it’s the first thing people will see when they find your channel. So it’s important to choose a name that’s both memorable and reflective of the content you plan to create.
If you’re having trouble coming up with a handle, or if you’re just looking for some inspiration, here are a few tips:
- Keep it short and sweet. Long names are hard to remember, and they can be cut off in YouTube’s search results.
- Make it easy to spell and pronounce. You want people to be able to find your channel, and if your handle is too complicated, they’ll give up and move on.
- Avoid using numbers and special characters. Again, you want people to be able to find your channel, and using numbers or special characters can make it harder for people to find you.
- Think about the kind of content you want to create. Your handle should give people a general idea of what your channel is about. If your channel represents a Pediatrics group in Charlotte, for example, a handle like “CharlottePediatricsOnUniversity” would be more appropriate than "JoggingDad44”.
- Do a little research. Before you settle on a handle, do a quick search on YouTube to make sure it’s not already in use. You don’t want to accidentally choose a name that someone else is already using.
- Be unique. With millions of people using YouTube, it can be tempting to choose a generic name like “photography” or “music”. But if you want people to find your channel, you need to stand out from the crowd.
- Have fun with it! Choosing a YouTube handle is an opportunity to be creative, so have fun with it and choose a name that you’re happy with.
Now that you know a few tips for choosing a YouTube handle, let's collaborate and maximize your opportunities for growth by partnering with E-dreamz!
« Back to Blog