By: Brian Henning
Director of Marketing
What Should I Email About - 20 Ideas
While email marketing has been around for literally decades now, it’s never been more important to maintain a high cadence of communication with your customers. We at E-Dreamz are big proponents of email marketing and the value it provides. In fact, for every $1 spent on email marketing the average return on investment for a business is roughly $44. Yes - 4,300% return on investment. Not only that, but over 90% of customers who opt-in to a newsletter not only expect to hear from that business, but find content from those marketers relevant and useful. All the more reason to continue to grow your subscriber list, but more importantly, to keep an open line of communication with those who have provided you with their information already.
So we know that email marketing is a profitable channel and that we should be emailing customers regularly, but the most common question we hear is, “What should I email about?”. You have a business to run, so with such a demand to create content, you could feel a lot of pressure to come up with unique ideas to stay in touch with your customers.
Quite frankly, there’s a wide variety of topics you could send to customers, but sometimes it takes a little brainstorming to come up with some creative ideas. Well, that’s what we’re here for. We’ve compiled a list of 20 topics/subjects you could send out to your customer base. Create a schedule, and utilize some of the topics below into your email marketing plan. Your customers will be happy to hear from you.
- Promotions - seems obvious, but most businesses don’t do it. Next time you have a sale, make sure your customers know.
- Hours & Location - if you have physical stores, let customers know where and when they can stop by.
- News & Announcements - BREAKING NEWS customers want to feel connected to a brand.
- Product Announcements - a must
- Website update or re-launch - show off that investment
- Blog Post - content is key in today’s world of SEO
- Company Anniversary - let’s all celebrate
- End of Season Offers - don’t let inventory just sit around
- Event Invitation - get people to register in advance
- Sale Reminder - create urgency if a sale is ending soon
- Member Only Offer - make customers feel part of a community and reward them for being a dedicated follower
- In the News - were you mentioned in a publication, or participate in a charity event?
- Top Sellers - promote your tried and true movers
- Request Feedback - ask your customers what’s important to them
- Top Reviews - share your accolades; a high percentage of shoppers rely on user recommendations
- Haven’t Heard from You - cross reference your sales data to see if a customer has purchased lately. If not, give them a reason to come back
- Refer a Friend - word of mouth is a powerful thing; entice them to refer your business
- Raffle/Contest - people love giveaways; they’re highly shareable and talked about
- Behind the Scenes - interview employees; show off your facilities; give a face to the name
- Numbered Lists - people respond extremely well to numbered lists; put together a list of helpful tips or recommendations - maybe a top 20?
We hope these topics inspire you to get started with email marketing, or step up your level of communication if you already see the benefits of this channel. We’d love to work with you on your next email campaign, so please reach out with any questions, or if you need further inspiration.